Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Is Eric Warheim Some Sort of Artistic Genius? (NSFW)

So, I just learned that Eric Warheim (the tall one from Tim & Eric) directed a Major Lazer video that I have always thought was pretty awesome: Pon de Floor.

That's all good and reasonable enough. But then he made this parody [NSFW] of his own video.

Now, here's the thing: the parody seems to misunderstand that the dancing and sexuality of the first video are parodies themselves. So we have an ignorant parody of a parody, both of which are directed by the same guy.

Maybe I am reading too much into everything, but it seems like the parodying doesn't just double up but rather echoes on into some sort of infinite madness. Either that or the colors from the second video are the straw that broke my brain.

One of them.

1 comment:

CalexanderHamps said...

Interesting and confusing fact: Dance Floor Dale came before Pon De Floor. I don't even know what to think now.