Thursday, April 17, 2008

Thoughts about the Akira live-action film

Ok, so I have accepted certain things... others, not so much. If they want to be American dousche-bags and shift the location to the U.S. - fine, we all saw it coming. They want Joseph Gordon-Levitt to play one of the main characters - fine, even if he is a little old, he is a good actor.

But wait... Leonardo DiCaprio... He has no place in this film, especially not as a lead anyway. He is fucking 33. He CANNOT play a highschooler. Plus, I went to look up his wikipedia page and I realized the number one reason he cannot play Kaneda. You cannot have the same actor play a highschooler and Theordore Roosevelt, in the same year. Just can't happen. It's morally wrong.

2 comments:

Apopheniac said...

On the one hand, I can see where you're coming from.

On the other hand, the idea of Teddy Roosevelt leading a motorcycle gang in the dystopian future sounds like the greatest idea for a movie I've ever heard in my entire goddamn life.

CalexanderHamps said...

Goddamnit, as soon as I finished the picture, I new that concept would be my downfall. Fucking Rough Riders.