Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Chicago

So I'm going to Chicago with Carolyn tomorrow, I'm excited! I always used to go to Chicago every Thanksgiving with my parents and its always been one of my happiest memories. I haven't been able to go for a few years now between school, work, my dad being sick and generally being older. But now is the time!

It's also a chance for Carolyn to finally be involved with a big family celebration of mine. I've been to a hojillion events with her family but I've never been able to reciprocate because half of my family is across the Atlantic and the other half might as well be they're so religious. Not religious in a bad way mind you, just very different customs. This section of the family, the Patinkins, are pretty awesome though. It's my Dad's two uncles and his aunt and their entire family. They're all very liberal and great people, so they're the family I most relate to and can relax with, even though I only see them once or twice a year. Carolyn's so close with her family, she's always worried that I have no sense of a large extended family staying in touch. She'll just see that the Goldberger's do it a little differently.

Anyway, family rant aside, I'll be out till Sunday. Keep the blog alive!

4 comments:

CalexanderHamps said...

Homeland Security: The current terror threat level is being pushed to Condition: Squant due to an impending mass gathering of man-hair unlike any we've seen in decades.

CalexanderHamps said...

Aww man, now that I look further into possible terror threat condition colors, I question whether the mythical color, squant, was the right choice when I had such real world colors as gamboge, zinwaldite, and heliotrope.

Also, I hope you guys enjoy. Plus regardless of your relationship with your own family, unless you are just totally not into extended family you guys should be fine. My father barely knows his extended family whereas my mother is all about it.

Ollecram said...

When the founder of my college, Purchase, was working on creating the school, there were guidelines on what to do when you start a school. One of them stated that you should pick two school colors that were simple and recognizable. As an example of colors not to use the guide said, Heliotrope and Puce. Those are the colors the guy chose. Obviously the school doesn't actually use them, but I respect the guy for doing it, even though Heliotrope and Puce are two GOD awful colors. That mindset is totaly what Purchase is all about.

CalexanderHamps said...

and on that note, Grad School selection, done