Thursday, January 24, 2008

MMO Psychology Drop-Kick

I was looking up something about MMOs. Wait, what was I looking up. Crap, I hate how wikipedia gives you information that you are impressed with to the point that you forget what you were orginally looking up. Anyways, I found out that there have been a number of behavioral studies of people while playing them. One particular researcher came up with 4 classes of players based on game mentality. Another researcher then created a simple 30 question test which, with relative accuracy, can determine which type of player you are. You see where this is going.

http://www.guildcafe.com/zTakeQuest.php?questid=2&qid=1

I know we all don't have the same experience and interest in MMOs, so just answer the questions in terms of what you think you would do. Below is a wikipedia link with further info on the 4 types. Try to take the test before you look up the types to get a more truthful result.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bartle_Test

2 comments:

CalexanderHamps said...

Ok, so I got KAES - Killer... That's totally unfair. I really enjoy lore and exploration. I could be an Explorer... I ENJOY LORE AND GAME STORY DAMNIT. So what if 90% of what I did in my 3 days of WoW was to try to make it to the enemy nooby area. SO WHAT IF I TAKE PARTICULAR PLEASURE IN KNIFING IN BATTLEFIELD. Shutup! SHUTUP ALL OF YOU!! I think that killers are portrayed in an overly negative light. I only really like fair fights. I really don't want to make anybody unhappy. I do sort of take pleasure in the fact that I am the most evil of class... Fuck. I hate everyone.

Ollecram said...

I'm a SAEK. Makes sense. Player killing is lame. I've been dicked over way too many times to want to do it myself. I prefer a sweet team joining together and kicking ass. Though I will say I almost never play MMOs. Cyrus you're a bastard. A FAIR bastard, but a bastard.

Breakdown: Achiever 73.33%, Explorer 26.67%, Killer 20.00%, Socializer 80.00%